Friday, January 6, 2012

Dec 19, 2011

I had a dream that I was getting married.  My future husband was Keith M.  I haven't seen Keith in years and I've never dated him.

In my dream, I waited too long to start to get ready.  I was running around all over the house (a house that was not mine or anyone I know) trying to get things together and finish getting ready.  The whole time I kept thinking that I wasn't going to be ready in time.  Ultimately, the wedding started about 20 minutes late.

My slip was too long.  So my mom and I were looking for safety pins to pin it up.  We were looking in desk drawers and on shelves.

After I finished doing my hair, I kept wanting to put my veil on, but Mom said I shouldn't put it on until AFTER the wedding.  I found that strange, but agreed with her nonetheless.

There was an out-of-control kid running around with a chocolate ice cream cone, making a mess where ever he went.  I remember having to watch my step so I didn't slip in the ice cream.

My bridesmaids kept asking me which order they were supposed to walk in.  I remember Mykle and Terri, but I can't remember my third bridesmaid.  But I didn't understand why they couldn't remember the order.

Another thing I remember is that I'd never even kissed this man that I was going to marry.  In my dream, I KNEW that I didn't have a full relationship with Keith, but still I was excited by the idea of marrying him anyway.

When we got to the church, Mykle's mom came up to me and told me she had a surprise for me.  I opened the bag and it was a strapless bra.  It was then that I realized that the one I was wearing had straps that were wider than the spaghetti straps of my dress.  So, the girls gathered around me and I changed bras right there in the vestibule of the church.  I remember that the bra was pretty with one blue cup and one pink cup.

I don't remember anything after that...no walking down the aisle, no you may kiss the bride, no getting married.