Sunday, January 15, 2012

Sunday, Jan 15, 2012

Apparently I was at work, but I was sitting at a student desk...in a row of student desks.  I was sitting at the far left desk in row two or three.  I was doing an exercise that required skills that I had; it wasn't all that difficult.  But everyone around me kept interrupting or distracting me...and it was REALLY getting on my nerves.

Rickey S was sitting to my right.  He had to keep telling me about his progress through the same exercise.  He was so proud of himself with every step he successfully completed.  At first, I tried to be polite and cheer him on.  Then I just smiled a fake smile.  But eventually, I flat out told him that I needed him to stop bothering me so that I could finish my own exercise.

The person sitting to his right was Sandra Oh (Christina Yang from "Grey's Anatomy").  She was also interrupting me to tell me how she was doing, though not as often as Rickey.  Eventually, I told them I was moving so I could get my own work done.  They were offended that I was so bothered by them, but I didn't care.

I picked up my things and started wandering the room to find a quieter, more isolated place to do my work.  I ended up at a very small, kindergarten-sized table with the tiniest chairs I've ever seen.  But I sat down to work on my exercise.

At first, I was all alone and working along.  But the next thing I know, there are others around the table...and snacks.  Kathy L was sitting next to me.  She picked up a jar of salt and said she loved the smell of salt, but noted that this was especially pungent.  She held it up to me and I smelled it and had to agree.  Then she stuck her finger in another jar, pulled it out and smelled it.  She pointed her finger at me and asked me what I thought it smelled like.  I told her it was sugar.  She agreed and our smelling game was over.  I'm not sure why Kathy's interruptions didn't bother me as much as Ricky and Sandra, except that maybe because she was talking about something other than the exercise I was working on.

I finished my work and went to return to my desk.  On my way, I noticed that John M (the local principal, not always one of my favorite people) was passing out pieces of paper.  It was notebook paper from a medium-sized notebook, with the fringe still at the top of the pages.  I don't know how or why, but it was known that these pieces of paper were equivalent to pink slips.  As I was walking back to my original desk, I was curious if I had one.

I was interrupted a couple of times getting to my desk.  But once I got there, I noticed that I did in fact have one of those pieces of paper.  I picked it up and it no longer looked like it was torn out of a notebook.  It was a 3" by 8" card stock quality card, mostly typed.  But in one corner it said, "2 weeks" written in ink.  On the inside, I seemed to be excited...though it was likely due to my co-workers getting on my nerves that day.

I looked out the small window on the door, which was only about ten feet away from me.  I noticed that the employees in that room were getting the same information, but all at the same time, sitting at their conference room table.  They were crying, but not outwardly angry.  Eventually, they walked through our office, carrying boxes of their things.  It was obvious that they'd been crying.

I then decided that I'd clean out my desk.  At first I thought that I didn't have much to pack, as I didn't have much on my desk.  But when I opened one of the drawers, it was wide and deep, almost like a trunk.  I had a lot of non-office stuff in that drawer.  I don't remember everything, but I do remember: Jeff's old baby clothes, a black lace bra, two beaded necklaces (one red, one blue), gold earrings shaped like a flat diamond with the initials WS on them, change, tangled necklaces, and pens.  I got everything to fit in one Xerox paper box.


In a completely different dream (I know this because I woke up and wrote details of the above dream and then went back to sleep and woke up with this memory), I was in a room with Lynn G and a handful of other singers.  Lynn was our music teacher/piano player.  She was telling us what our performance schedule was.  But it was taking forever.  She'd start telling us something and would get off track.  For instance, at one point she said we were going to sing Tuesday.  I asked her which Tuesday.  She went into a long story about why we couldn't sing any other time, that Tuesday was really the only time that worked for this particular audience.  I'm thinking, fine!  But which Tuesday?  I just want to update my damn calendar.  What's up with all the back-story for each of these singing dates?!  I think she was combating our arguments before they even came up and was much more focused on that, than just giving us the darn schedule.

At one point, someone asked me if I was singing with Cliff M.  I told them that I didn't even know that Cliff was singing...and I mentioned who I was singing with.  Apparently there was a lead male singer in our performance.  This was the first that I'd heard that there were two male leads.  When I asked Lynn about it, she said, "You're not going to like it."  I remember thinking, "Why would I care how many male leads there were?"

Well, I guess at first, we were splitting our group and each singing at half the venues.  Cliff was the male lead for one group and I can't remember who the male lead was for my group.  But for whatever reason, that plan fell through.  So, now we had twice as many performances to do.  I love to sing!  But I remember thinking, "How are we supposed to get all of these performances in?"  That apparently was the part I wasn't going to like.  And she was right.


Dream #3?  I remember going through a maze of some sort with Jeff.  It was like a Children's Museum.  Each room had different colored walls.  They were bright colors: red, blue, green, yellow.  I don't remember much about it.  But at times we were sitting on square-shaped skateboards with four wheels.  But other times we were walking.  And I seem to remember that we pushed a button and a door opened, in order for us to go from one room to the next.  It was like going into an elevator.  But instead of going up or down, we'd simply walk into the next room.