Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Wednesday, March 5, 2008

In my dream last night, I was voted homecoming queen.

I remember that I was on a dance team, like the ones that dance during halftime of high school basketball games. (By the way, I happened to be on just such a team when I was in high school. Oh, and I wasn't even NOMINATED for ANY queen!) But in my dream, I wasn't going to get to dance unless I lost 40 pounds...as if that could actually happen during the course of one basketball season. But because I was voted homecoming queen, I didn't have to worry about losing the weight right away because I wouldn't be dancing. They also told me that I couldn't tell anyone until it was announced at the game. I'm not sure why I was told ahead of time. But I remember thinking that everyone was going to know think that I wasn't dancing because I couldn't lose the weight, NOT because I was the queen. I wanted so much to tell people the truth, but I wasn't allowed to say a word.