Friday, February 6, 2009

Friday, Feb 6, 2009

I was at a backyard party with friends. We were using the swing set as bleachers. The entertainment was going to be Miley Cyrus. She was wearing a really short dress/jumper. Strangely, she kept pulling up the back of her dress to pull her underwear out of her butt. It was so unattractive and I was surprised that she didn't seem to think this was a problem. Personally, I would have been embarrassed. At one point, she went up to her father and threw her arms around his shoulders for a hug. When she did, her dress came up nearly to her waist. Her father didn't even try to protect her modesty. I was NOT impressed. So, before she even started performing, I was already done listening to her.

I was sitting in a swing talking to a friend. We were discussing how much tickets to a Miley concert were. And I announced loud enough for all to hear, that I have never, nor would I ever, spend that kind of money to see some teenage flash in the pan concert. I didn't do it for Britney Spears or the Back Street Boys and I wasn't going to do it for Miley Cyrus either. I didn't care how popular she was or how coveted her tickets were. I can't remember if I left right away or after the music got started. But I remember being unimpressed and 'tired of it'. And I remember that when I left, the others stayed. So, the concert definitely was not over.

I got into my car to drive home. I think I was staying with my parents. But they didn't live in the home that I know as theirs. They were living in my Grandma Strange's house. On my way over there, I drove right past it. So, I tried to do a U-turn, but ended up on the sidewalk. I had to stop and put it into reverse in order to get back to where I needed to be. Ultimately, I parked in the lot across the street.

The front bedroom light was on. So I knew the folks were awake. I let myself in and proceeded to their bedroom. Just like when I was in high school, I sat on the end of the their bed and told them about the evening. My dad was disgusted by the 'flashing' images of Miley.

At one point Mom left the room and my sister Erin walked in. She didn't say anything, just curled up under the covers and listened. I was still talking to my dad and snuggling with their cat. I noticed that their cat's head reminded me of a turtle head or a snake head. He had pulled his ears back against his head and it just reminded me of a snake. I was fascinated and a little frightened by it. Also, he was laying on me stomach to stomach with all four limbs out to his sides, holding on to me. I thought that was a little strange too.

When my mom walked back into the room, she was carrying snacks. She said that they didn't have much variety, but thought this would do. I got up so she could sit down, as Erin was still lying on her side of the bed. And I decided to look around at the decor. I think they had just recently moved in and I hadn't really checked out the place since they had. I wanted to compare how they decorated it differently than my grandmother had. But I didn't go all around the house, just stayed in their bedroom. They had a large hutch with various things on it. And I didn't look at much else. I don't remember anything else.