Friday, July 27, 2007

Friday, July 27, 2007

(I slept great for the first night in about a week.)

I was at a large outdoor picnic at some park. I don’t think I knew most of the people there. But I seemed to be with my friend Terri. At one point, the food was ready. There was one large buffet at the front of the ‘room’ and large serving bowls on each of the tables. Terri and I were sitting at a table, so we started serving up food from those bowls. We had both filled our plates and sat them down at our places. Then we decided to go get something to drink. This turned out to take much longer than we expected due to the crowd. By the time we returned to our places, our food was gone. I was really upset by this. But Terri said that we could just go to the main buffet line and get food. What mayhem! There were kids everywhere and people going backwards through the line. It was crazy. For some reason, there was a display wall, much like you’d see in a department store, with pots and pans hanging from it. And several of the kids, one boy in particular, would come and play the pots and pans like they were instruments. It was loud and annoying! Eventually, I remember carrying my plate back to my seat, but it was in this very large, dipping spoon-shaped basket and it was heavy. During my walk back to my seat, I saw my cousin Terri (different Terri). She was playing the sax in a rock band. And she was really getting into it, dancing with the band and singing along. She’s normally pretty shy. By the time I sat down to eat, I was no longer with my friend Terri, but I was sitting next to my mom. While we were eating, my sister Erin came up and sat with us. She didn’t sit on the bench, but on the table. She was complaining about someone being rude. I said that it might be considered rude to sit your butt on a table that people were eating. But when I looked at her to get her reaction, she’d already moved down to the bench and looked at me like I didn’t know what I was talking about. But her wet butt mark on the table confirmed that she had in fact been sitting on the table. Then she noticed a small child getting a piggy back ride. She said something like, ‘You have two shoe laces on your back!’ And the little girl did have two shoe laces tied together for decoration on her back. Also while eating with Mom, I remember seeing kids up on the second floor. It was like a loft over-looking the area where the rest of us were eating. I just remember thinking that it would be way too easy for those kids to fall off that level. The next thing I know, I’m sitting in a completely different environment, next to a door. There is a knock at the door, I open it, and there is a young boy there, carrying a table that had his little sister on it. He was much too small to be carrying her. But he felt she was too small to walk on her own and thought this was the one way to get her to wherever they were going. That was the end of the dream... us discussing how she might just be able to walk or trying to figure out how he might more easily get her to wherever they were going. I remember she was just a cute little thing with pudgy legs and a red shirt with ruffles. She had wavy curly hair and played with her hands the whole time we were talking. She was probably 2 and her brother was about 4. But he was all business in taking care of his little sister.